Spiritual Direction is a ministry that has deep roots in our Christian heritage. The Protestant reformation addressed some flaws in medieval Christianity, however in the haste to get rid of all things "Catholic" we threw the baby out with the bathwater and lost a few spiritually enriching practices that can benefit us today. Here are my top five reasons why Evangelicals should explore the ministry of Spiritual Direction.
1. Spiritual Direction can introduce you to the historical Christian disciplines and practices that were lost after the Protestant Reformation.
2. You can get a deeper revelation of the humanity of Jesus.
3. You get to explore the fears, doubts, and questions you have about your faith in a safe, nonjudgemental and confidential environment.
4. You get unstuck from spiritual ruts, for example when your normal prayer routine is not bringing you life!
5. You can get healed from hurts that you have experienced in your community of faith.
Click here https://youtu.be/ccAYIZEU9uY to watch a short video explanation.
This List is taken from a magazine article from the June 10,2016 in the Huffin Post by Larissa Marks.
1. Explore and interpret your experience of God.
2. Integrate spirituality and practices in your daily life.
3. Deepen your relationship with God.
4. Make important decisions or changes.
5. Discover your purpose and calling in Life.
6. Share joys, fears, and struggles in a safe environment.
7. Spiritually heal from past wounds and hurts.
8. Receive encouragement, guidance and companionship.
9. Get spiritually unstuck.
10. Become who you were created to be.
Follow this link to watch a short video here.youtu.be/ccAYIZEU9uY